Friday, December 12, 2008

D.I.Y. Rules of Toddler List

D: Several people have commented on my ever so poignant and strikingly realistic essay about the alternate reality that our toddlers live in. I did not write this myself... at least not completely.

About a month ago my preschool Parent Educator handed me a piece of paper with 3-4 "rules" on it, as a light bit of humor and also a bit of foreboding warning. Since then I've been adding to this list of rules in my head, every time I am reminded of the insanity that I'm forced to reconcile with when raising toddlers.

A week or so ago someone emailed me a much longer list and I decided to pick it apart, add to it and viola: The Rules of Toddlers, as told by the Deuce.

I suggest you too write your own 'Rules'. You will find it incredibly therapeutic and may prevent a head injury or two. (To stop you from banging your head into the wall with frustration!)

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 9:16 AM