Tuesday, November 20, 2007

They've got the right idea

D: The other day I was out for a walk with the Deuce in our stroller. I rounded the corner when two young girls, probably around 7 years old (mind you, I think all children are around 7 years old) started ohhing and ahhing over the twins.

Girl 1: "Ohhhhhh, their so cute!"
Girl 2: "Are they twins?"
Me: "Yes. Identical twin boys."
Both girls: " LUCKY!"

At this point I thought maybe they were talking about me. "Aren't you lucky?" is a frequent comment I get from strangers while out with the boys, yet I believe 50% of the time the comment is meant as sarcasm.

I soon realize they are not talking about me, but the Deuce.

Girl 1: "I want a twin!"
Girl 2: "I want a twin too!"
Girl 1: "I'm going to ask my mom for a twin".
Girl 2: "I'm going to ask my mom for a twin too!".
Me: "Good luck with that, girls".

They are right. The Deuce are incredibly lucky to have each other. I'm a little jealous myself.

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 1:27 PM

Read or Post a Comment

that is so true. Do you find that you become a circus act when you take them out in public...i had to stop taking grocery shopping cause it took me 3 times longer.
kerith
http://sideoftwins.wordpress.com

Posted by Blogger Kerith Collins @ Wednesday, December 05, 2007 11:18:00 PM #
 
<< Home