Sunday, October 21, 2007

Everthing's blurry

W: It's been awhile since I've penned a post on the blog. I know, WTF, right? Seriously, it would be simplistic to say that I've been too busy juggling the usual dad stuff (work, kids, wife, a Vegas bachelor party, fantasy football, MLB playoffs, etc).

The truth is I have plenty of time to write. My problem is keeping up with the Deuce.

Every time I set fingers to keyboard, they've moved on and my latest writing idea is as stale as the Oatie O's lurking their highchairs.

As you may have guessed, I like to take lots of photos. And writing about the Deuce is like being a photographer taking a shot of a subject that is moving so fast that you only have two choices. The first choice is to hold the camera still and take a blurry picture of the subject while capturing the detail of the background. The second option is to track your subject with the camera, sacrificing the background for a subject in perfect detail. Try to do both at once, and the whole shot turns out blurry.

That's what's been happening to me, blurry writing. So pardon me while I share a few of the topics that I almost blogged over the past month.

They are everywhere all at once. To baby-proof or not to baby-proof? (We went half way). How much potting soil can a baby eat before you notify the on-call nurse? They can pick up Cheerios! What do you mean O-gubba climbed half way up the stairs? I can't believe how much baby food I just made. Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da! Why is the Deuce attracted to wires and outlets and my BlackBerry instead of all those fun toys? Finally, they feed themselves with a bottle. Our "divide and conquer Sundays" totally rule.

And so on and on goes the list. The topics pile up faster than I can write, and so rather than try to keep up, I'll share a few of my new favorite pictures. I hope you enjoy them.


DSC_0379.JPG

DSC_0384.JPG

DSC_0363.JPG

DSC_0339.JPG

DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0383.JPG

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 12:09 PM

Read or Post a Comment

OK, I must know, please, what are "divide and conquer Sundays"?

Posted by Blogger abernier @ Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:31:00 PM #
 

are hats the new indoor fashion statement or you don't have heating? :) CUTE!

Posted by Blogger A, mama of twins @ Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:51:00 PM #
 

i know this is referencing an old post, but what is the brand of the chairs you have the clip to the table you kids are eating in 'october 2007'? adorable kids btw... we have twins that are 9 months, boy/girl....

Posted by Blogger Kelly @ Friday, August 08, 2008 7:01:00 PM #
 
<< Home