Monday, August 27, 2007

Breastfeeding at 7 months

D: Picture a 7-year-old boy playing hard in his bright sunny yard all day with his buddies. He plays and he plays and eventually he gets tired and thirsty. He runs in the house and yells for his mom to get him a glass of milk. She dutifully pours him a deliciously tall glass of thirst quenching milk and sets it on the counter for him. Not a second later the young child swipes the glass off the counter and gulps it's entirety in one frantic execution. Before the mother can inquire about the child’s backyard adventures the glass is slammed on the counter and the boy is back in the sunshine to run and play with his friends.

This is exactly how it feels to breastfeed a 7 month old. I feel so used ;)

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 3:29 PM

Read or Post a Comment

congratulations on nursing twins for 7 months! I am struggling to make it to 4 months...

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Monday, August 27, 2007 4:23:00 PM #
 

Darling post, Dana! I have to say that you've "caught on" to one of the quirks of motherhood fairly early. You want them to be independent and to grow up, but then when they are... well, it's sometimes not quite what you expected!
Love - Mom :)

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ Tuesday, August 28, 2007 7:36:00 PM #
 

Your boys are beatutiful and you guys take excellent photos! Hope you don't mind my asking, but what camera/equipment do you use? And congratulations on 7 MONTHS! I'm almost to 3 and we're going strong. Hope to make it as long as you have:)

Posted by Blogger The Alpha Team @ Saturday, September 01, 2007 10:10:00 PM #
 

Awesome post. I wish I could say I know how you feel,...but I can't. I didn't even make 3 months with my twins!!! Again I say....You are doing GREAT!

Posted by Blogger sarah @ Monday, October 08, 2007 7:23:00 AM #
 
<< Home