Friday, June 01, 2007

Working Mom

D: If you can't tell from the lack of posts, Twin Town has been a busy, busy place lately. We have been trying to figure out our new routines and learning how to time everything just right. I've learned that adults need routines almost more than the babies do.

It's funny, I've always been a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda person...someone who doesn't really get hung up on the logistics. Now life is all about logistics. Once everything is in it's place, life is manageable. I'm sure it won't always be this way, but it helps to at least pretend that you've got things under control.

Today I learned one of the first tips of being a working mom. Do not get dressed in the morning before feeding the kids.

I woke up early, before the Deuce, thinking "great, I can get ready before they wake up!" Unfortunately as I was headed out the door, after their morning breakfast and quick burp, I realized one (or probably both!) had spit up all over the front of my dress. Instead of changing I thought it would be quicker to rinse it and then use a hair dryer, but it took a good 20 minutes to dry.

So not only did I arrive late to work today, it was only after I arrived at my desk that I realized I smell like spoiled milk.

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 9:33 AM