Tuesday, February 27, 2007

To be clear...

D: After re-reading my last post, I thought I'd be clear about something... this does not happen often, and quite frankly, hardly ever any more. (The boys have been sleeping 5-6 hours through the night!!) Although the 'daycare worker' mentality seems a bit harsh, it is the only way I can honestly describe one method for dealing with the chaos of infant twins. (It certainly does not mean I don't love and adore them any less!)

One of the main reason we write this blog is to offer sincere, honest feelings and experiences for folks to chew on. Digest it how you may.

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 4:50 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Dana - as a veteran mom now, I have to tell you something....I wished away my daughter's babyhood everyday for the first 3 months. I would say everyday....oh I just wish she eat solid food...I wish she was sitting up already....I wish she could talk and tell me what the heck is wrong with her. I loved her dearly, but I think I wanted some sort of routine that was easy...and it wasn't so easy for a while.

I've seen those gorgeous boys and I see Walker a couple of times a week and I have to tell you that I think you two are the most amazing new parents of twin boys that I have ever seen. You look amazing and beautiful and you are so calm and confident! I know when they are crying at the same time it can become overwhelming - I became overwhelmed with one...let alone two babies - so I applaude your amazing efforts. Those boys are thriving!

Colleen

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:57:00 PM #
 

As I told you tuesday night, I think it is not only normal but healthy for you to do whatever you need to to keep yourself in the best condition to care for your sons. Anyone who would judge you on it is unjustified in doing so.

As you know, I did some emotional blogging myself in my recent travels. And I found it very theraputic and liberating to put those scary thoughts out there for anyone to read. I think/hope that more people will admire you for it than criticize you for it.

Posted by Blogger mnlrs @ Thursday, March 01, 2007 11:15:00 AM #
 

Hey Darling! Don't worry about a thing. Like your mom said, you are feeling ways to compartmentalize all the stuff. It sounds totally normal. I remember one night right after Elliott was born, I thought that if I didn't wake up Erik, I should just put Elliott outside because the wolves could raise him better.(Just to be clear we still don't have wolves in Minnesota.), but it made sense to me at the time and more importantly it made me laugh. (and maybe cry a little too).
On a side note, keep on writing... You are opening up a door for many women who have all the same feelings, but not the courage to share... and not to mention, I think you are amazing and I love being able to keep up with you at this incredibly special time in your life. All my love, Tara

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ Friday, March 02, 2007 8:28:00 AM #
 
<< Home