Monday, February 12, 2007

Asparagus

Walker: Here in Seattle, the beginnings of spring are evident everywhere we look. Our crocuses and daffodils are bravely pushing their way up through the earth, and our camellia tree has brazenly formed its bright pink buds. In another 3 weeks the Deuce will be 6 weeks old, and spring colors will line our neighborhood streets. Dana and I can't wait to explore Seattle's natural beauty this spring with them.

Another wonderful spring event - that we crave - is asparagus season. Shipments of the emperor vegetable arrived from Southern California this week, and as the season progresses, shipments arrive from farms closer and closer to our Northwest home. Then in June, the cycle starts all over again because asparagus has two seasons back-to-back. Yum!

Last night Dana came home from the store with a pound of the beautiful bright green spears, and I poached them in the juice and zest of a Meyer lemon and sea salt. They were delicious.

But as delicious as asparagus is, it is impossible to avoid its curious side effect: the strange and odorous effect on the smell of my pee - it smells funny! This funny fact made me think about Finn and Ollie because they love to pee on me when I change their diapers.

So the question I have is this: If Dana eats asparagus and then breastfeeds the Twins, will their pee smell funny?

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 9:06 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Walker- you are so funny! I had the same question too and I don't remember the answer. Keep us updated!
Love you all. Tara
P.S. I had asparagus last night and my pee smells funny too. T.

Posted by Blogger Unknown @ Monday, February 12, 2007 6:19:00 PM #
 
<< Home