Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Introducing Elena

Uncle Walker: My sister Gretchen (mom x 3!) delivered a happy and healthy baby girl, Elena, early this morning. She and her husband Tim are tired, but doing very well, and we're so excited for them. We're also excited for Elena and the Deuce because they will be same-age cousins.

The special bond that develops between cousins can be very close, especially if the cousins are within a grade or two of each other. The summers when our family would gather at my grandparents house are more than just fond memories - those summers provided the foundation of how I think of family. Family runs in the family, I suppose. My father (granddad x 3!), his brothers, and all of his first cousins - there seems to be hundreds of them - still gather for a big get-together weekend every August to revisit old memories and make new ones. I know Dana feels the same way about her cousins too.

So here's to cousins and family and Elena, and many future gatherings where the Deuce and Elana can form those same bonds. Welcome Elena!

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 11:03 AM