Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Spotlight on my favorite artist...

Dana: I wanted to share with everyone a very exciting gift I recieved at my babies shower in MN from my dear friend, Sarah Angst.

Sarah and I were roommates in college, while attending the University of Minnesota, Duluth. Through our college years, I watched in awe as she developed her unique artistry and craftmanship. Since then, she has successfully made quite a name for herself, and I could not be more proud!!

Sarah is a painter and printmaker, creating images taken from nature and small town culture. Most of Sarah’s pieces are small and quaint; her images are not complex, displaying the effortless beauty in everyday subject matter. All of her artwork attempts to emit a calm, comforting sentiment of a simple time and a simple way of life.

You absolutely HAVE to check out her website: www.sarahangst.com

If you are looking for an adorable and original shower gift, Sarah sells her prints on bibs, onsies, baby tees, etc. on her website. Here are a few that she gave to the boys...

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 12:23 PM