Saturday, September 23, 2006

Mirror Images

Dana: This ultrasound was one of the most amazing experiences I've had so far. The picture is a view looking down on the tops of their little heads. You can see they are looking right into each other's eyes, with their little hands reaching out batting at one another.
I have read that "touch is the cornerstone of human experience and communication, beginning in the womb." They say that twins, throughout their gestation, often play affectionately with each other, touching one another on either side of the membrane that separates them.

I truly believe that I was watching them discover each other and begin to learn how to play together. I can't explain how amazing this is. I'm starting to understand how uniquely different twin development is, beginning in utero. I'm guessing this unique bond is going to continue to amaze me many times again.

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 9:11 PM

Read or Post a Comment

That is so cool! How far along are you? It if funny that your blog is called "the wonder twins". We call our twins Zan and Jayna! We even have a little monkey we call Gleek. Most people don't know who the wondertwins are. Good luck!

Posted by Blogger Courtney @ Sunday, September 24, 2006 1:01:00 PM #
 
<< Home