Thursday, September 28, 2006

20 Week Ultrasound


Walker: The Twins had their 20 week ultrasound yesterday, and we're happy to report that everything looks great. The little guys were at it again, playing with one another on each side of the amniotic membrane that separates them (for the time being). At one point they were nearly holding hands, and at another their faces were so close to one another they were nose to nose!

This is the last ultrasound where the doctors will be able to measure their organs, bones, etc with this much detail. From here on out, the doctors will primarily be checking their growth to make sure that one of the Twins doesn't get bigger than the other. This could result if one of the Twins establishes a stronger food connection to the placenta than the other.

Unfortunately, people often say that one Twin "steals" the food from the other. But we all know that intent is one of the elements of theft, right? In my humble opinion, I think it would be very hard to convince a jury (beyond a reasonable doubt no less) that one of the Twins had the requisite mens rea to convict. And even if they did convict, I think we'd have a good shot on appeal. But I digress.

The little guys are identical in nearly every way at this point according to the radiologist, and they each weigh just under 1 lb. Dana's doing great and she looks fantastic - I'll snap some pictures this weekend to post so you can see her progress for yourself.

Oh! And we're off to our fourth Twins class at the UW tonight...more on that later.

Posted by Walker Lockhart @ 8:14 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Hello - I've just found your blog as I am a mum of twin girls and have started my own.

It's great to see how you are progressing and I'll be back to see how you get on. I see you have already found out it's not dull - very good practice for the coming years!

It would be great if you wanted to drop by and see what I've been posting about - as my girls are nearly eight now and there are some recurring themes with twins :)
All the very best and good luck

Linda Jones

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:00:00 PM #
 

I always love the twins. Congratulation!

Posted by Blogger abovo99 @ Friday, September 29, 2006 6:20:00 PM #
 

Nice site Walker.
I'm tracking your progress regularly. It's really cool that you're having twins and boys at that!
Love it,
Brian

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:26:00 PM #
 
<< Home